Saturday, September 15, 2007

Time Management

This is one topic that I always fail. What I am refering does not cover punctuality. I mean I am punctual most of the time. And even if I am going to be late, I will keep the other party informed.

There's 24 hours in a day. Ideally, I would have 6 hours of sleep from 1230hr to 0630hr, 2 hours of prep and transport to office, starts work at 0830hr and ends at 1800hrs, catch a bus home by 1930hr, quick shower and dinner, I should left with FOUR hours personal time before bedtime. This never happens! Not even once !! (excluding weekends and days that I'm on leave or with appointments)

Is that crucial? That I've kept asking myself countless time. I mean after all it is quality time not quantity that I'm looking for. More than ever, my answers is a 'YES'

What is quality time? That's when one fully uses it to do something beneficial. For instance, read a book, catch up with news, talk to family members, watch a movie, etc...

At times, I will tell myself, hey it's ok, stay an hour extra in the office means sacrificing a bit of sleep or personal time. No big deal.

That is not the case... many occasion, the lethargy sets in once I step out from the building and true, I have 3 hours of personal time but it is not quality time at all!

I have tried to rest an hour or 2, then start my book or something, it never works, I will end up doing nothing except maybe to do channel surfing or just flipping the papers or daydreaming.

So how to overcome this? I guess I have to learn to "Move On". It's time to SUMO - Shut Up Move On.

Still learning...

No comments: